France TweetsFrance NewsFrance Casino and Card Room GamingFrance LotteriesFrance Online GamingFrance Race WageringFrance Sports Betting

French Lotteries

La Française des Jeux (FDJ), the French national lottery, was founded in 1933 and is a semi-public company. The French government owns a 72% stake in the company, with the remaining 28% held by lottery issuers, agents and company employees. The games offered by FDJ are available through traditional brick-and-mortar outlets as well as online.

Along with 11 other European lotteries, the FDJ launched Euro Millions in 2004. This draw game has proven to be popular with the French public.

In September 2008, the French government announced plans to privatize La Française des Jeux in 2009. However, the company remains under government control, although future privatization has not been ruled out.
About us | Feedback | Advertising
CASINO CITY NETWORK: Online Casino City | Casino City Times | Casino City TV | Poker Zone | RGT Online | Casino City Press | Gaming Directory | iGaming News
Visit Casino City's Internet Directory
Casino City HomeWorld GamblingEurope GamblingFrance Casinos

Sign up for the
Casino City Times
Weekly Newsletter!
CasinoCity Exclusive Bonus Offers
Top 10 Vendors